Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Run, Trip and Fall




Idea #4: Man is running from an over-zealous female stalker. He turns his head to look over his shoulder, trips over a rock, falls flat on his face, gets back up and runs away. I particularly like this one. I referenced the run cycle from Richard Williams' The Animator's Survival Kit page 177. I added the head turn, the trip, the faceplant and getting back up. If I decide to do this one, I will have to record myself or someone else brave enough to attempt this action.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest I think this is the one. You've got the best developed poses here and great ref too! Looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for the "face plant." But, let the character just smack the ground and then recover just a bit (don't worry about having him get back up--just let him slide to a stop and then begin to get up). The last photograph is intense! Ouch!
    The box-lift you can do for the next project (one of the options is to lift a box/object)

    ReplyDelete