Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Knees, hands and toes







In the past week, I began modelling the hand and arm. I used the Joan of Arc tutorial for reference, modifying it to fit my character. After modelling the hand, I decided to go back and redo the toes. I added wedges inbetween the toes and knuckles similar to the hands. As for the knee, I winged it and am satisfied with how it looks smoothed. I will probably add an edgeloop or two where the knee bends. I don't know if you can tell but I also made the pit behind the knee and the two muscles perpendicular on each side.



Next week, my goal is to have her forearms, thighs, torso and head modelled. Please feel free to leave me any comments or suggestions. Later.

4 comments:

  1. The hands turned out very nicely. I would like to see how it looks smoothed. The feet look a lot better I think with the top of the leg that you have so far looks like it leans back a little too far. It almost looks like her legs should be bent at the knees. After looking at a few people's legs, it looked as though the back of the thigh should be a lined up a little more with the calf of the leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lauren I really think that the feet turned out great keep up the good work. I think once you get the leg all modeled it will look really neat. I would be careful with the knee though because i think that it kind of looks like she has built in knee pads. I would also look at pictures of people's calf's it looks like her's is a little to high. The hands also look great keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The feet do look better than they did before, a nice mesh of cartoony and realism. I'd be interested in seeing the leg smoothed as well, right now in the lower poly versions the leg looks a little off around where the calves meet the knee. It looks as if the muscle comes to a point behind the knee, you might want to consider smoothing that into a curve, but if you said it looks good smooth then it should be fine. Definitely looking good so far though! Keep it up and show us some smoothed stuff in class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello all, I'm a former CCAD student who had Charlotte as a teacher and I stumbled on in here so if you'll excuse me I would like to add one item

    Here is a nice site that deals with limb topology and setting it up to bend correctly. It might be helpful to you, it might not depending on your work process

    http://wiki.polycount.net/Limb_Topology?highlight=(topology)|(limb

    ReplyDelete